a gym membership in Lincoln. Eat better and follow a nutrition plan. Go to an alternative workout class. Lose weight.
We’ve all experienced it. It’s a new start, and we create particular resolutions. Then we quit in a month. Why does this happen?
1. Create Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a steadfast plan to do or not do something. For this reason, they’re exact and can be daunting.
Goals are an objective of your ambition, an ambition or a desired outcome. They seem less formidable—and more practical.
Imagine you approach this year with the mind-set of choosing achievable goals, as opposed to making unattainable resolutions? Rethinking your thought process and being kinder to yourself is the first step toward improvement.
2. Create SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals this year could incorporate:
- Professional—receiving a promotion at your job.
- Health—having a strength training schedule.
- Personal—reading extra books.
Now that you’ve set your goals, how do you remain dedicated to achieving them?
SMART goals energize you to achieve milestones and acknowledge achievements during your journey.
How Do You Come Up With a SMART Goal?
SMART signifies specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They’re distinct but not overwhelming.
Your SMART goals could be:
- Read for 20 minutes before sleeping every night this week.
- Consume greens at each meal this week.
- Walk after supper each day this week.
Having SMART goals will stop you from becoming overpowered by what you want to attain.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Loved One
Be certain to share your goals with someone! Having an accountability partner can help you in staying motivated during the process.
4. Claim Your Free Week at FXB Lincoln
Prepared to finally meet your fitness goals this year?
Creating (and reaching) goals is merely one part of the healthy lifestyle we teach at Farrell's Lincoln. Sign up for a free week and learn how we can help you meet your goals.